May 3, 2012

For the life of me...

(Belated) What's on Your Hooks Today?


For the life of me, I can not seem to catch up. Maybe it's because I spend too much time reading comments on Regretsy, or watching auctions on TopHatter, or dealing with the multiple migraines I've had since embarking on this adventure into capitalism.

Then again, I'm an intemperate procrastinator. BUT, while waiting for the photos to upload, I watered and weeded the onion patch, collected the chicken eggs, and made a cup of tea. Who says women can't multitask!

So, though it is Thursday, we are having Wednesday WIPs (work in progress, if you wondered).  I'm proud to say that I figured out my problem on the Periwinkle Fantasy. I frogged the offending row and am half the way around the next to last row. Then comes the blocking. I don't even want to think about all those tiny picots.


If you didn't get a chance to look at the Fantasm shawl last week, here is what I mean about "all those tiny picots."

Courtesy of Cheri McEwen

The other thing I accomplished this week was a new Yoga Sock design. I had been working on it last weekend and got one sock done. Then on Tuesday I started work on the 2nd one. Do you think I remembered what I had done? Fortunately, I was able to figure it out, but this time I made notes. Question: Should I name my different sock patterns? You know, instead of sock 1, sock 2, which is what I've been doing.


These are done in a shell pattern for the cuff, then extended single crochet (esc) for the foot, then shell again for the toe. Oh yeah, there is also a back loop only (blo) rib at the cuff. I used the lovely Stroll yarn from Knit Picks in the color Aloha. Stroll is wonderful to work with and very affordable. I still need to tidy up the ends.

Finally, I get to show off the yarn I bought at the Taos Fiber Marketplace that was held in April. A couple of friends drove up, looked around, got some lunch , looked around some more. They had to drag me away from the lady from WA that had yummy hand dyed sock yarn---my favorite. What I did buy is this pretty orange-ish yarn, plus some decorative yarns to use as accents. Once again, I'm trying a new yoga sock pattern, but I am not happy with it at all. I'm sure it will get frogged.




Now that it is down in black and white, I guess I've been busier than I give myself credit for. 

How about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!