Jun 28, 2012

Another Wasted Day? No More.

Every  morning I get up with the intention of spending more time on my crochet and less time on the internet. But it calls to me like a chocolate bar---I'll just take a little bite. I'll just read the emails that are business related. Wait, that email directs me to a BNS, and that means checking out all the featured shops. What's the point, I don't have any money to spend. Go back to reading email. While I'm on Etsy, I'll check out the activity. Another waste of time because I got redirected to two more BNSes. Well, I might as well check Facebook. I'll check on family, read the notifications, check the business page. Don't you know, Facebook still hasn't gotten my newsfeed fixed! Take a screen shot, fill out another report, complain about it in a status update.

Where did the time go? I haven't even brushed my teeth! What have I accomplished? Am I any closer to making sales? I don't have enough inventory to attract sellers. I know this in my head. I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something. Someone is going to have a dialogue that may be interesting or relevant.

I have a plan. It is obvious I don't have the strength to resist the pull of the internet. In my morning devotions today, I read, "The Lord is my strength." I have experienced the result of asking God for strength. When my husband broke his leg, I needed God's strength to take care of him and to pick up his responsibilities since he was non-weight-bearing. I relied on God's strength to care for my mother when she was ill. Now, I'm going to rely on His strength to balance my work life.


By admitting my weakness and releasing my grip on the thought that I can do it myself, I relinquish my pride. Pride is my greatest downfall. I said I had a plan, but it is not my plan after all. I haven't used all the resources that are available to me.

"The God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. Praise be to God." (Psalm 68:35)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I sooo know what you mean about the internet! "I'm just going to check my blog... wait, I got a comment... oooh! It's someone new! I have to check out her site!..." it snowballs from there. THEN I log into Facebook, and my entire day is gone! HAHA!
    I need to give myself some sort of schedule, I think.

    By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following yours now. :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for understanding. It's touch to admit when we've failed---at least, in our own mind. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!