Jun 20, 2012

Star Stitch Mug Hug

I plan to write up a pattern for the Star Stitch Mug Hug, but for now, let share with you some of the basic steps.

I use the magic loop for starting my Hugs. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to use. I'm never going back to making loops with chains.






After the bottom is completed, start on the star stitch rows. Begin by pulling up a loop in the next three stiches




Next, pull a loop through the ones on your hook.


Chain one and begin again with your first stitch being in the same space as your previous stitch. Continue your row, ending with pulling the loop through. Sc in the last stitch. Turn your work.


Continue making rows until you have the size you desire. Add a loop and some decorative buttons, and you have yourself a star stitch Mug Hug.


1 comment:

  1. I love the yarn and buttons you used, I keep meaning to make something like this but I'm terrible about actually doing things for myself. Thanks for linking up at What's Cluckin! Hope to see you back tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!