Jul 19, 2012

Into My Pocket It Goes



July 20- What would you do with the $ if you won the lottery?

After yesterday's seriousness (yes, I read every blog that posted on FB), why not inject some levity into the blog. So I'm going to be downright selfish in what I would do with lottery money. No giving to the poor, no  Habitat for Humanity donations.  Nope, in my pocket it goes. Then I would
  • 10% to God
  • pay off our mortgage and other debt
  • pay off kids' school loans
  • buy vehicles for me and hubby
  • fix a little house in the back so my mother can live with us
  • make repairs to our house and yard
  • buy a horse
  • take several cruises
  • get a wardrobe makeover
  • spend money on the kids
  • ok, so I'd put some in savings
  • buy yarn
  • donate to Fibromyalgia Network
  • get central air installed
  • get new computers
  • buy hubby the ginormous screen tv he wants with surround sound
  • new furniture
  • hire a yardman and cleaning lady (yeah, those are stereotypes)
  • put some more in savings
  • donate to the local Girl Scout council to fix up the camps
  • travel

My selfishness has run its course. Hopefully, I have some left to give to a charity, but which one? I could just give it to the United Way. You know, I had a friend who was raped a couple of years ago. She would appreciate it if I gave to the Rape Crisis Center. I would like to support the prison ministry from my church. If the amount was a super win, I would create a free shuttle service for homebound people to get to the store and doctor appointments.

5 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for future SUPER wins for us all! LOL.

    I love the truth of "It is ALL going in my POCKET!" I have thought of taking a drawer in my dresser and just filling it with 20 dollar bills.

    :~)

    Happy Almost Weekend!

    My Lotto Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list doesn't sound selfish to me....you are doing things for others (mainly helping the economy with all of the spending!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spend! Oh, yeah, save. That's supposed to help to somehow.

      Delete
  3. Personally I like your list, especially the first item! Anyhoo, thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. Would love it if you would share this post at my Make it Pretty Monday party. It goes live at 8am CST. Come join in the bash. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!