Jul 12, 2012

My Favorite Vacation



July 12--Talk about a favorite vacation you have taken.

Definition of SERENDIPITY the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for; also : an instance of this
Examples of SERENDIPITY
  1. They found each other by pure serendipity.
  2. As they leapfrog from South Africa to Singapore in search of local delicacies, the authors prove again and again that serendipity is the traveler's strongest ally: many of their most memorable meals issue from the hands of generous strangers … —Sarah Karnasiewicz, Saveur, June/July 2  
Origin of SERENDIPITY: from its possession by the heroes of the Persian fairy tale The Three Princes of Serendip. First Known Use: 1754

Why am I going on about SERENDIPITY when this is supposed to be a blog about vacations? Because yesterday I had the urge to blog about our trip to Ireland, and that has been my favorite vacation. So it was serendipitous that I already have a blog to post for today. Yay! I'm not only caught up, but I got ahead. 

This is the link to Trip of a Lifetime: Part 1. And yes, there will be a part 2. Here is a little eye candy to tempt you to read them both.





Coming soon, Part 2.

3 comments:

I would love to hear from you!