Jul 29, 2012

Some Things I Didn't Know When I Was Young




July 29- How does your life measure up to the vision you had when you were younger?


When I was younger, I never thought I would be so, so tired
When I was younger, I never thought I would be fat
When I was younger, I never thought I could be so happy
When I was younger, I never knew what it meant to love---until I had children
When I was younger, I never knew what a marriage was meant to be---until I married Mike
Mike, on our 25th wedding anniversary
Me, on our 25th wedding anniversary

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 25 years of marriage! You both look so happy in the pictures. Your comment: "When I was younger, I never knew what it meant to love---until I had children" is so true. I feel the same way about my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just the most amazing and painful feeling.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on such a successful marriage@ if only everybody who married could stay together like that.

    You can read my post:
    http://housesbyshannon.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-blogchallenge-july-29-life-in.html?showComment=1343704608616#c963117342105672747

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon. We live in such a disposable society and I think people would rather throw away a marriage than work on it. It takes a lot of work.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!