Jul 15, 2012

Routine? I Don't Have No Stinkin' Routine


July 15- Got any good makeup tips/routines?



Oh, man, seriously! You are asking me about my makeup tips and routines? After almost 60 years, I don't have a routine. I have few wrinkles, though I do have rosacea. When I was younger, the rosacea would make me break out, but nothing like some people get acne. My skin has changed over the years so that it is much drier and less resilient, but that is just age.

I actually do like wearing makeup. It's the taking off that I don't like. I just hate routine of any sort. So to expect me to always wash off my makeup is unrealistic. The best thing for me to do is to not wear makeup if I know I'm going to be too lazy to take it off properly.

Fortunately, makeup has evolved to be less toxic for our skin, so the occasional night of laziness hasn't hurt me. The makeup I like to use these days is mineral makeup. As long as I moisturize well before putting it on, I don't have to worry about it looking too dry. That is preferable to me than looking like I've got goo in what wrinkles I do have.

Then, joy of joys, I discovered disposable face washing cloths. I can't believe I'm saying this, because I'm such a stickler for not using disposable anythings, but having these around means I get my face cleaned more often than than not.

On particular thing that has changed the way I wear makeup is that I can't see the way I used to. And, you know, you have to take off your glasses to put your makeup on---especially mascara. I remember an occasion when I was with my cousin about 10 years ago. We were getting dressed in a hotel room, and I didn't have my magnifying mirror. She was horrified when I got done with my mascara, and I had more on my face than my eyelashes. "Don't you know where your eyelashes are?" she exclaimed as she tried to get the specks off my face.

So I guess my best tip would be to invest in a good magnifying mirror, and keep plenty of Q-tips handy.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!